Yummy soup to cuddle up and eat on a Friday night!
Ingredients (All Natural, All Vegan)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 80 g white miso paste
- 800 g sweet potato about 3 large peeled and grated
- 700 ml water- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 10 Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 dries chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp of chopped green bell pepper
1) Heat half the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2) Add half the ginger and half the spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add the miso and sweet potato and stir to combine.
4) Add the water and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5) Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked.
6) Remove from the heat and season with pepper.
7) Using a handheld stick blender or a regular blender (ie; Vitamix, Nutribullet) Blend until smooth.
8) While the soup is cooking, place the mushrooms and green bell pepper in a bowl with the other half of the ginger and sesame oil and all of the sesame and onion seeds.
9) Cook in a large skillet over high heat for about 3 minutes.
10) Place the soup into warm bowls and top with the bell pepper, mushrooms and the remaining green onions
Estimated Calories: 280kcal