"We must practice gratitude daily, for gratitude is the path to happiness and peace."
Gratitude is a very big part of my life and practice. In our daily lives, we can forget to count our blessings and find ourselves worrying about things that deem insignificant later. The gratitude jar is a daily practice that I've discovered a few years ago and it has done wonders to my perspective. The purpose of the gratitude jar or happy jar is to document the things that happen throughout the year to give you clairvoyant view at the end of the year.
How to use a Gratitude Jar
1. Buy a gratitude jar or use an old jar with a top
2. Place the jar somewhere visible
3. Every time something good happens to you write it on a sticky note include the date and time of the good deed/feeling
5. Fold the sticky note and watch your jar fill up throughout the year
6. On December 31st 2019, take time out of your day to empty your jar and go over the notes
Let's start 2019 with a positive note and a new practice that encourages daily gratitude!